Doing your best to stay healthy can be made easier. I have spent the last 15 + years on a path to better health and wellness. While not perfect, I have come up with a few tips and tricks that have served me well on this on going journey of improved health.
1) Do what works for you! I keep water in a fun bottle ready to go at all times. (I like lemon wedges in mine for flavor and vitamins!)
2) Small steps not only count, they are the best way to get where you want to go. Give yourself credit for every positive action, no matter how small! Slow and steady DOES win the race!
3) Find other positive, encouraging people on the same path as you! Good influences are everywhere once you start looking.
4)Ditch the soda diet/or regular. I did this a few years ago, after a 30yr.+ addiction. It's a tough one, but it can be done and was one of the best things I ever did.
5) Get enough sleep! No one can operate in a happy state unless they are rested. Basic, but not easy. Plus, not getting enough sleep has been proven to increase hunger.
6) Stay moving! Any physical movement is positive. Our bodies were designed to move. Move it or lose it! Try new types of activities. Keep trying until you find ones you like! Go into it gradually. Don't overdo it, and then stop.
7) Nourish your body with the freshest, whole foods you can find.
8) Make easy to grab snacks that are healthy like, sunflower seeds, or nuts. If you slice fruit ahead of time it's easier to grab when you are hungry...you get the idea.
9) Accept yourself where you are, no matter what your size is! You are a valuable person who deserves the best possible care. Being gentle with yourself will help you to continue growing. No one grows well in a hostile environment!
10) Get regular massage...ok, you knew I had to put this one on here! Seriously, massage on a regular basis is one of the best ways to help your mind, body, and spirit, rest, integrate and rejuvenate. The positive benefits accumulate over time making it easier for you to deal with stress, without unhealthy habits. When you learn how to truly relax, everything you do becomes much easier. Who wouldn't sign up for that?!
Best of luck on your personal wellness path! Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your journey.
Peace~ Sheryl Frazier, LMT
P.S. Meditation and yoga help relieve stress and make all of the above a lot easier! ;-)